Copy and paste this link and you can gain access to examples of an American Indian’s artwork currently held in the collection of the National Museum of the American Indian.
or using the same website http://www.nmai.si.edu
if you want to see items adorned in eagle feathers in their collection,
- click on the tab Object Specifics,
- check All of the Above Categories,
- choose Material,
- then use the pull down menu under Material in Step 4 to select eagle feathers or eagle down or eagle feathers (Bald) or eagle feathers (Golden),
- then click Search. Up come all the items in their collection dressed with eagle feathers as a thumb nail.
- Click the thumbnail and a larger image is rendered along the details about the item.
Advanced Search yields all the Hopi baskets in their collection if that is what you request. You are advised if any of these items are currently on display!
Amazing ! Savvy Collectors know how to research effectively!
Please advise me of other museum collections online to expedite research for Savvy Collectors.
Corinne Cain of www.SavvyCollector.com
Hence, you can visit the museum online !